Although the Owner does not provide medical advice, the Owner is considered as providing a “health service” within the meaning of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Act).
- Privacy and Your Personal Information The Owner respects the privacy of your Personal Information and is committed to protecting your Personal Information.
- Definitions Personal Information is information about you, which includes information you have provided to the Owner when creating an account on the Website, which includes, but is not limited to your:
- (a) name;
- (b) address;
- (c) phone number;
- (d) email address;
- (e) location;
- (f) bank account details;
- (g) payment methods ; and
- (h) medical information including medical history, medications, allergies, adverse effects, immunisation, social history, risk factors, diet, and exercise regimes.
- Collecting Your Personal Information The Owner’s purpose for collecting your Personal Information will vary depending on your interaction and use of the Website. The Owner may collect your Personal information as reasonably necessary to perform one or more of its services.By reason of the inherent nature of the Website, you may provide the Owner with certain types of Personal Information. By using the Website, you consent to the collection of your Personal Information.No Personal Information is collected if you are simply browsing the Website.If the Owner receives unsolicited Personal Information, it will be destroyed or de-identified.
- Use of Your Personal Information The Owner keeps your Personal Information until it is no longer legally obliged to keep the Personal Information or when the need for the Personal Information has passed, following which, the Personal Information is destroyed, deleted or de-identified.For users of the Website, the Owner collects and uses Personal Information:
- (a) to provide, maintain, protect and improve the Owner’s services;
- (b) to provide users with access to certain restricted areas of the Website;
- (c) for verification purposes;
- (d) for billing purposes;
- (e) to develop new services;
- (f) for analysis of usage of the Website; or
- (g) to improve the content offered.
The Owner will only disclose your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- (a) if required by law;
- (b) if the Owner believes, in its absolute discretion, it is in the public interest;
- (c) to seek feedback, or monitor or improve quality of service;
- (d) to contractors the owner engages to act on its behalf such as IT service providers, to enable them to provide their services (in such a case, all contractors are require to comply with privacy laws); or
- (e) where the Owner otherwise obtains your consent to disclose the information.
- Security The Owner takes all reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information. Your Personal Information is stored on secure servers or otherwise protected in controlled facilities.By using the Website, you acknowledge and agree that no transmission of data over the Internet is guaranteed as wholly secure and that any information you provide to the Owner through the Internet, including via email, is at you own risk. You agree that, even though the Owner uses its best endeavours to secure your Personal Information, such as email encryption, the Owner cannot guarantee that any information sent or accessed electronically is secure.You may also assist the Owner in keeping your Personal Information secure by maintaining the confidentiality of your passwords and account information. Please notify the Owner immediately if there is any unauthorised use of your account, or any other breach of security relating to your account.
- Links The Website may contain links to other website. The Owner is not responsible for the information on these sites, or their privacy policies.
- Accessing and Amending Personal Information Subject to the exceptions listed in the Act, you have the right to access Personal Information which you have provided to the Owner. If you wish to access Personal Information that you have provided to the Owner, please contact the Owner by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and the Owner will respond to your request within a reasonable time. The Owner will not generally charge for your request to access your Personal Information.From time to time your Personal Information may change. It is important that you inform the Owner of changes to your details as and when they occur. You are able to change or update your account information at any time through the Website.
- Complaints If you believe that the privacy of your Personal Information is not effectively protected, or if you are concerned that your privacy has been compromised through the dissemination of your Personal Information, please contact the Owner at the following email address email@example.com
- Further Information For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au.