Savvy Belly Nachos
- 800 g organic, grass fed mince
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 3-4 button mushrooms, diced
- 1 tablespoons coconut oil (taste free)
- 4 sprigs of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon mexican spice seasoning
- 3 tablespoons green banana flour
- 1 teaspoon or 1 clove of crushed garlic
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- Preparation time 10 min
- Cooking time 20-30 minutes in a frypan on the stove
- Serves 4-6 people
- In a frypan, add the coconut oil and vegetables. You can hand dice the vegetables or give a light blitz in a food processor.
- Sauté on low heat for 2-3 minutes until vegetables are slightly transparent. Then add the mince. Brown the mince and then add the remaining ingredients. Stirring to combine. Simmer for 20-30 minutes stirring regularly.
- If you eat grains, then this is yummy layered with corn chips and topped with some guacamole. If not, serve over half a roasted sweet potato. Roast the sweet potato with olive oil and salt for 30-40 minutes in an oven @ 180C.
- We also top our nachos with chopped lettuce, grated carrot, diced tomato and If you eat dairy, some grated cheese with the final topping the guacamole (avocado, spring onion, salt, pepper and a dash of lime juice all mashed together).
- I quite often double the mixture and then store half of it in the freezer for another meal.