Savvy Belly Stroganoff
- 1 kg organic, grass fed mince
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 3-4 button mushrooms, diced
- 1 tablespoons coconut oil (taste free)
- 4 sprigs of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon stock paste
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons natural yoghurt (or coconut yoghurt)
- 1 teaspoon or 1 clove of crushed garlic
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- Preparation time 10 min
- Cooking time 3-4 hours in a slow cooker or 20-30 minutes in a cast pan on the stove
- Serves 4-6 people
- In a slow cooker or cast pan, add the coconut oil and vegetables. You can hand dice the vegetables or give a light blitz in a food processor.
- If using a cast pan, then sauté on low heat for 2-3 minutes until vegetables are slightly transparent. Then and the mince. You can use chuck steak or similar but my kids like the bolognese like texture of the ground beef and diced vegetables. Brown the mince and then add the remaining ingredients. Stirring to combine. Simmer for 20-30 minutes stirring regularly.
- If using a slow cooker, add the mince to the coconut oil and vegetables. Combine remaining ingredients in a glass jug and stir to combine. Pour the sauce over the meat and vegetables. Cook on high for 4 hours.
- If you eat grains, then this is yummy with rice or pasta. If not, serve over zoodles (zucchini noodles) or cauliflower rice, or even half a roasted sweet potato.