The Junior Chef’s Ginger Muffins
- 3/4 cup Green Banana Flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon Changing Habits gelatin
- 1 tablespoon ground psyllium husk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1/2 cup full fat natural yoghurt (or coconut yoghurt)
- 1/4 cup raw natural molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life dark chocolate bits (optional) or 1/2 cup walnuts (or add both)
- Preparation time 15 min
- Cooking time 15-20 min in muffin tray
- Makes approximately 24 muffins
- Preheat oven to 180ºC for a fan forced oven. Line 2×12-cup muffin trays with bleach free patty pans.
- Add broccoli and carrot pieces to thermomix and chop on speed 5, 5s (if not using a food processor, steam lightly first then puree)
- Add baking soda, sea salt, eggs, gelatin, psyllium, spices, sugar, coconut oil, yoghurt, molasses and vanilla essence and mix in the thermomix speed 5, 5 seconds. Scrape down sides with spatula. This can be done with a stand or hand mixer as well.
- Add the banana and tapioca flour and mix until combined (thermomix, speed 5, 15 seconds). If it is a little liquid still, add 1/4 cup more banana flour. It depends a bit on how much moisture is in your vegetables. The mix will thicken on standing for 5 minutes due to the psyllium. Scrape down sides with spatula. This can be done with a stand or hand mixer as well.
- Add the walnuts and/or choc bits and mix until just combined, thermomix reverse speed 5, 5 seconds). This can be done with a stand or hand mixer as well. The Junior Chef says to treat yourself with 4-5 choc bits as well!
- Scoop into patty pans, about 1/3 a cup per muffin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes for the muffin tray. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. These freeze very well. Handy to pull one out for breakfast in the morning or anytime!