9 Signs you have a leaky gut
Are you wondering if you might have a leaky gut?
WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
It is another word for increased intestinal permeability. In layman’s terms, it is when the lining of your small intestine becomes damaged and small junctions open up that allow toxins and other food waste to get into your blood stream. From there, your body’s immune system does its job and attacks the invaders. This attack shows up in your body as digestive issues and inflammation.
HOW DO YOU KNOW IF YOU HAVE A LEAKY GUT?
There are some clues that might indicate you have a leaky gut.
- Chronic, unexplained fatigue
- Digestive issues for example IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), recurrent diarrhea or constipation, abdominal bloating
- Food Allergies/Intolerances – especially an increase in them over time
- Skin issues such as eczema, rosacea
- Seasonal allergies or asthma
- Hormone imbalances – PMS, poly cystic ovary syndrome, irregular periods
- An autoimmune condition for example Hashimotos, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, lupus
- Mood swings
- Difficulty concentrating/poor memory
These signs and symptoms can seem a bit vague and you might be thinking I get all or some of these most of the time. You may have decided it’s just the way I am and I have to live with it.
Imagine what your life would be like without them?
If you want to know for sure, there is a test available through Nutripath here in Australia that can confirm the diagnosis. You can only access this test through a medical provider.
If you need help finding one, get in touch and I’ll connect you with the right person.
If you want to get that good gut feeling each and every day, sign up to our mailing list to receive more hints, tips and tricks on beating the overwhelm, dealing with your leaking gut and getting your life back.