Grain Free Crackers
- 2 cups almond flour (or 200g activated raw almonds)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon grass fed gelatin (I like this one from Changing Habits)
- 1 teaspoon Herbamare seasoning, or pinch of salt and dried rosemary, or a pinch of salt and paprika (try out different seasonings to suit your tastes)
- Preparation time 5 min
- Cooking time 10 min
- Makes approximately 70 crackers at 2cm x 2.5 cm
- Preheat oven to 160ºC for a fan forced oven
- If using the activated raw almonds, grind on speed 9 for 10 seconds in the thermomix, or until a fine powder forms in any food processor or powerful blender.
- Add the dry ingredients and give it a quick blitz (speed 5, 2 seconds in a thermomix)
- Add the egg and mix until combined (thermomix, speed 5, 20 seconds)
- Roll out between two sheets of baking paper to about 2mm thick.
- Transfer the baking paper with the rolled out dough to a baking sheet. Cut into rectangles. I like to use a pizza roller to draw horizontal and vertical lines across the dough (use your desired size, I make my crackers about 2cm x 2.5cm) and then after cooking snap into crackers.
- Cook for 8 mins, rotate tray and cook a further 2 mins to ensure even cooking or until golden brown all over.
- Remove from oven and slide the baking paper with the crackers onto a rack for cooling.
- Store in an airtight container.