Chocolate Hazelnut Balls
- 100 g hazelnut meal or raw hazelnuts
- 100 g raw, activated almonds
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons (60g) raw honey
- 3 tablespoons (60g) almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon ground psyllium
- 1 teaspoon Changing Habits gelatin
- Preparation time 10 min
- Makes approximately 16, 2 cm balls
- No cooking required, refrigerate or freeze or eat them straight away
- Add the raw hazelnuts to the thermomix and chop, speed 9, 10 seconds. If you are using hazelnut meal (sometimes this is easier to get than the acutal nuts) then start here. Add the ground hazelnut meal to a dry frypan and heat gently for 2-3 minutes until you can smell that lovely warm roasted nut smell. You can also roast the nuts first, rub off most of the husk, then grind. Depends on the time you have and how much you enjoy the cooking process.
- Add the almonds and chop, speed 9, 10s
- Add the hazelnut meal and all remaining ingredients to the thermomix.
- Mix for 8 seconds, speed 10. Until just combined.
- Tip out into a bowl then grab small handfuls of the mix, press together and roll into approximately 2 cm balls. Repeat until all used.
- I store mine in the freezer in an airtight container. You can also store them in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Great for a quick snack or to take travelling with you.