Banana Breakfast Muffins
- 1/2 cup almond flour (or 50g activated raw almonds)
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 6 large eggs
- 1teaspoon Changing Habits gelatin
- 1 tablespoon ground psyllium husk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large bananas
- 2/3 zucchini, grated (or chopped for processing)
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life dark chocolate bits (optional) and/or 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 140g coconut oil
- Preparation time 10 min
- Cooking time 30 min in muffin tray, 45-50 min in a glass loaf pan
- Makes approximately 15-20 muffins or one 13cm x 23cm loaf
- Preheat oven to 180ºC for a fan forced oven. Line a 12-cup muffin tray with bleach free patty pans.
- If using the activated raw almonds, grind on speed 9 for 10 seconds in the thermomix, or until a fine powder forms in any food processor or powerful blender. Remove and set aside.
- Add zucchini and bananas and mix in the thermomix speed 5, 5 seconds.
- Add the egg, cinnamon, vanilla, coconut oil, honey, milk, gelatin, psyllium and mix until combined (thermomix, speed 5, 15 seconds)
- Add all the dry ingredients, including the set aside almond flour (excluding the walnuts or choc bits) and mix until just combined, thermomix speed 5, 20 seconds).
- Add in the walnuts/choc bits and mix in thermomix reverse speed for 5 seconds.
- Scoop into patty pans, about 1/3 a cup per muffin. Or pour all the mixture into a well-greased 23 cm x 13 cm glass loaf pan. I find the glass loaf pan cooks more evenly than a steel one but it is a personal preference.
- Bake for 30 minutes for the muffin tray, 45-50 minutes for a loaf pan. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. These freeze very well. Handy to pull one out for breakfast in the morning!